To be eligible to take out our Home Insurance policy we ask that the property to be insured:
- Is a residential property in the UK
- Will be occupied permanently by you and your family and isn't used for any business or professional purposes other than clerical work undertaken by you and your family
- Hasn't been affected by subsidence, landslip or heave
- Hasn't been flooded in the last 10 years
- Isn't left unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row
We also ask that:
- You or any member of your family living with you hasn't had home insurance cancelled, declined or declared void
- You or any member of your family living with you declare any previous insurance claims from the last 5 years
- You or any member of your family living with you hasn't been convicted of any criminal offence other than motoring convictions or any offences which are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
We want to let you know...
As with all home insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can't be offered or a claim paid. For example, any loss or damage caused by storm or flood to fences, hedges and gates and money or credit cards held in your home for business, trade or professional purposes.
These are only examples. For full details of what's covered and what's not covered please read our Home Insurance policy booklet. Alternatively you can find further information in our Home Insurance policy summary.