To be eligible to take out IncomeShield we ask that:
- You're at least 18 and under 64 living in the UK
- You're employed for at least 16 hours a week, every week
- You're in continuous full-time employment or continuously self-employed for at least 6 months, or be on a fixed terms contract for at least 24 continuous and consecutive months with your current employer before the start date of the policy
- You aren't registered as unemployed in the 12 months before the start date of the policy
- You aren't aware of any circumstances which mean you'd need to make a claim
If you'd like to include unemployment cover we also ask that:
- You haven't received notification that your job is at risk
- Your employer hasn't announced its intending to make job cuts, or made any mandatory reductions to basic salaries or contractual working hours
- Your company or the company that you're employed by, hasn't gone into administration or announced that it's going to administration, receivership or liquidation
There are some circumstances where we’re not able to offer you cover:
- If your work is casual, temporary or seasonal (including any work for a temporary employment agency)
- If you’re in any kind of work where unemployment is a regular or reoccurring feature of that particular job
- If you’re a fixed-term contract worker and you’re not applying for a new credit agreement for a secured or unsecured loan, or if you haven’t taken a new credit agreement for a secured or unsecured loan within 60 days of the policy start date
We want to let you know...
As with all insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can't be offered or a claim paid. For example, alchohol and/or drug abuse and pre-existing medical conditions unless you’ve been symptom free in the 12 months after the policy start date.
These are only examples. For full details of what's covered and what's not covered please read our Income Protection policy booklet. Alternatively you can find further information in our Income Protection policy summary.
There are other providers of Short Term Income Protection and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/yourmoney.
A typical monthly cost for Paymentshield Income Protection is £5.18 for every £100 of monthly benefit you would get.