To be eligible to take out MortgageProtector we ask that:
- You're at least 18 and under 64 living in the UK
- You're employed for at least 16 hours a week, every week
- Your work is not temporary, casual, seasonal, irregular, for a period of training or apprenticeship
- You’re making payments on a mortgage agreement that’s been in place for less than 30 days or are about to.
- You’re up to date with your mortgage repayments, if you’ve an existing mortgage agreement
- You’re named on the mortgage agreement and/or your immediate family lives at the property for which your mortgage agreement is held
- You’re not aware of any circumstances which mean you’d need to make a claim.
If you'd like to include unemployment cover we also ask that:
- You haven't received notification that your job is at risk
- Your employer hasn't announced its intending to make job cuts, or made any mandatory reductions to basic salaries or contractual working hours
- Your company or the company that you're employed by, hasn't gone into administration or announced that it's going into administration, receivership or liquidation
We want to let you know...
As with all insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can't be offered or a claim paid. For example, unemployment you were aware of at the policy start date and if you resign or you accept voluntary unemployment.
These are only examples. For full details of what's covered and what's not covered please read our Mortgage Protection policy booklet. Alternatively you can find further information in our Mortgage Protection policy summary.
This Payment Protection Insurance is optional. There are other providers of Payment Protection Insurance and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
A typical monthly cost for Paymentshield Mortgage Protection is £5.05 for every £100 of monthly benefit. The monthly cost includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current rate. The cost is based on our full accident, sickness and unemployment option with 30-day back-to-day-one cover, 12 months' benefit and no deferred premium payment period, protecting a monthly repayment of £620.