Accidental damage cover for Buildings and Contents Insurance

Our optional accidental damage cover is designed to complement our Home Insurance by providing you with peace of mind that you're covered for unintentional mishaps which cause visible damage to your property or belongings.

Offering you extra peace of

Accidental damage cover can be added to your Paymentshield Home Insurance to provide cover for your buildings, contents or both! Details are found within our latest Home Insurance Policy Booklet. 

Latest Policy Booklet

Accidental damage for buildings includes...

Covers the structure of the building, plus your fixtures and fittings, you are covered if you:

  • Nail through a pipe when hanging a picture
  • Put your foot through the ceiling when in the loft.

Accidental damage for contents includes...

Covers your belongings and contents within your home as well as damage to items in the open grounds of your home, up to a maximum of £1000 if you:

  • Stain a carpet with red wine or paint 
  • Accidentally knock the TV off its stand.
Giraffe in living room

What may not be covered...

There are certain eventualities not covered by our accidental damage cover for example...

For buildings we're unable to cover:

  • We can't cover certain events which cause damage to properties whilst the property is left unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row
  • Loss or damage caused by normal shrinkage or settlement
  • Mechanical or electrical breakdown of any fixed domestic water installation.



For contents we're unable to cover: 

  • Damage to sports equipment whilst in use
  • Any damage caused by wear and tear
  • Any mechanical or electrical breakdown

How to buy

If you already have a Home Insurance policy with Paymentshield and want some extra peace of mind from adding our full accidental damage cover you can give us a call on
call 0345 601 1050.or use our webchat and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Have any questions?

why not use our webchat or call call 0345 601 1050.

Already a policyholder?

log into your customer account  to see if you already have accidental damage cover added to your policy.

See our latest insurance tips, guides and more

Garden image

Does my home insurance policy cover my garden?

Not sure if your driveway, garden walls or shed is included in your insurance policy? You're not alone, take a look at what may or may not be covered with a buildings and contents insurance policy from Paymentshield

In Insurance tips

Water pipes

What's "escape of water"? Why it happens and how to prevent it

Water is one of the most common reasons for home insurance claims—be it flooding or escape of water. But what’s the difference?

In Insurance tips

The importance of financial advice banner 1

The importance of financial advice when buying home insurance

Selecting the right insurance for your needs is important - here's why seeking financial advice when doing this can be invaluable

In Insurance tips